The 2023 JJS-IJ Design Awards powered by GIA
(a) Eligible Entrants: The contest is open to businesses and individuals engaged in the design, manufacture and retail of Jewellery. For businesses who enter, the person submitting an entry on behalf of a business must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry and must be properly authorized to enter on behalf of such business. For individuals who enter, you must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees (and their immediate families and household members) of 'IJ Magazine' or 'IJH Group' (" Organizer"), its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or any other companies sponsoring the Awards are not eligible. Void were prohibited by law.
(b) Eligible Pieces: To be eligible, the Jewellery piece must (i) be commercially available, (ii) be an original design, and (iii) meet the category requirements (general and specific) for each category in which it is entered. The category requirements are set forth below.
(c) Design which got awards anywhere won't be allowed to participate.
(d) Design/Jewellery which is manufactured in the year 2021-22 can only take part.
(e) Product categories are only for Jewellery Manufacturers to participate in.
(f) Retail Categories are for Jewellery Retailers to participate in.
(g) GIA Emerging Designer of the Year is for Jewellery Designing Students to participate in.
GENERAL DESIGN CATEGORY REQUIREMENTS: (For Jewellery Manufacturers & Retailers)
•Each piece entered must be commercially available. A one-of-a-kind piece may be entered as long as it is commercially available.
•Prototypes and/or CAD drawings will be disqualified. Submit photos of finished Jewellery only.
•*A 360degree view product video is compulsory.
•Semi-mounts should be shown with centre stone so that voters can see the design. You must indicate in the description if the price is for the semi-mount only. The category selected for a semi-mount should be based on the price of the semi-mount only, exclusive of the centre stone.
•All natural (i.e., mined) diamond Jewellery must be compliant with the Kimberley Process system of warranties.
SPECIFIC CATEGORY REQUIREMENTS: (For Jewellery Manufacturers & Retailers)
•Diamond Jewellery: Natural diamonds only. Lab-created stones will not be accepted. All treatments (i.e., lasering, HPHT) must be disclosed. The entry must include only one item (for Example, either it should be a necklace or earrings, not both)
•Colored Stone Jewellery: Natural stones only. All treatments must be disclosed. Lab-created and synthetic stones will not be accepted for this category. The entry must include only one item (for Example, either it should be a necklace or earrings, not both)
•Heritage Jewellery: Minimum of 18 karat. Yellow, white, rose and multi tone all qualify. Plain Gold, Prataash, Uncut, Jadau, enameling all qualify. The entry must include only one item, example: either it should be a necklace or earrings not both.
•Couture Jewellery: Participation only for Couture Jewellery Manufacturers & Designer Labels. Disclosure of synthetics, and lab-created gemstone is required. All treatments must be disclosed. Lab-created and synthetic stones can be accepted for this category. Minimum of 18 karat gold or 92.5 silver. The entry must include only one item (for Example, either it should be a necklace or earrings, not both)
•Timeless Jewellery: Natural, Cultured or Farmed pearls qualify. All treatments must be disclosed. Minimum of 18 karat gold. The entry must include only one item (Example, either it should be a necklace or earrings, not both)
•Temple Jewellery of the Year: Minimum 18 karat gold.Yellow, Antique and multi-tone will qualify. Precious & Semi-precious stones can be used. Temple Jewellery comes in varied designs like:
(i) Traditional such as waves, dots & lines.
(ii) Motif such as floral shapes like the lotus flower, birds like peacock and swans.
(iii) Abstract such as zig-zag and interspersion of shapes.
(iv) Temple designs such as God & Goddesses, dancers & royal figure statues.
•Best Bridal Design-Gold: Category consists of bridal gold jewellery. Minimum 18kt gold (This category may have a combination of necklace, earrings, rings, bangles,mangalsutras, etc) .
•Best Bridal Design-Diamonds: Category consists of bridal diamond jewellery. Natural diamonds only. Lab-created stones will not be accepted. All treatments (i.e., lasering, HPHT) must be disclosed. (This category may have a combination of necklace, earrings, rings, bangles,mangalsutras, etc) .
•Best Bridal Design-Polki - Jadau:: Category consists of bridal jadau jewellery. Minimum 18kt gold (This category may have a combination of necklace, earrings, rings, bangles, etc) .
• Jewellery: One of a kind, unique and bold Jewellery piece that helps the wearer portray who they are through their outward appearance. The entry must include only one item, for example: either it should be a necklace or earrings, or ring or bracelet and not a combination.
•Theme based Jewellery of the Year-ART DECO: Jewellers and designers must generate contemporary, practical and aesthetically pleasing designs in terms of look and feel. All kinds of alloy (metals) qualify. No accessories allowed. The entry must include only one item, example : either it should be a necklace or earrings, not both.
HOW TO ENTER: (For Jewellery Manufacturers & Retailers)
•Submit entries to IJ Magazine Attn: IJ Designs Awards 2022
Indian Jeweller Magazine, Journal House, A-95 Janta Colony, Jaipur – 302004 India
•Manufacturers & Retailers Entries must be received by 15th October 2022.
•To be complete, an entry must include: (1) a completed and signed entry form (complete all fields); (2) photographs and videos on the wetransfer/drive link that meets the Photo Submission Requirements stated on the entry form; and (3) entry fee payment calculated in accordance with the Entry/ Processing Fees table set forth on the entry form.
•Late and incomplete entries will be disqualified. Once a submission is made, no additional or replacement photography or copy will be accepted.
•You may submit as many entries as you'd like. Each entry per category shall require collective fee as per the no. of entries. (e.g., two pieces of jewellery entered in diamond Jewellery under Rs 5,00,000 category will be marked as two entries & will require to be marked on the entry form, separate photo, separate video for each category).
SELECTION OF FINALISTS AND WINNERS: (For Jewellery Manufacturers & Retailers)
For Product and Retail Categories: Winners will be determined via two way judging process, first voting by the panel of jury members on a secure IJ Design Awards website. Second, physical judging for all categories will be done by a panel of jury members for the finalist products.
Photos from your photo submission CD or drive link will be posted for viewing and voting by 15th October, 2022. The voting period will begin 15th October, 2022 and closes on 18th October, 2022. All voting will be anonymous. Any attempts to compromise the anonymity of voting will result in disqualification.
The top three (3) or (5) vote getters (Category with less than 15 entries will have 3 finalists and categories with 15 or more than 15 entries will have 5 finalists) in each category will be deemed "FINALISTS."
FINALISTS: (For Jewellery Manufacturers & Retailers)
Finalists will be notified in October 2022. The three or five finalists in each category will be required to submit their entered piece for the second round of Judging. Judging will be done by Jury of experienced industry experts and prominent jewellers at the Grand Jury Meet. Jewellery must be sent via insured, registered mail or hand carried by the company's executive. Failure to submit Jewellery may result in disqualification. Any piece that, upon inspection, is determined by Organizer in its sole discretion not to qualify for the category in which the piece was entered will be disqualified from that category.
CATEGORY AWARD WINNERS: (For Jewellery Manufacturers & Retailers)
Winners will be determined on the basis of physical evaluation of the finalist products at the Grand Jury Meet on the basis of design, innovation, craftsmanship and wearability. From among the finalists in each category, the highest vote recipient by the Jury in each category will receive the IJ Design Awards 2022 for such category. Category award winners will be notified in December 2022.
PRIZES: (For Jewellery Manufacturers & Retailers)
•All category award-winning pieces will be featured in Dec-Jan 2023 Issue of IJ.
•All category award winners and finalists will be featured in IJ's " Best of the Best" Design Award Supplement, which will be mailed with the Jan or Feb issue of IJ.
•All category award winners and finalists will receive an IJ Award logo and collateral materials for use in promoting their winning piece.
•All category award winners will receive an IJ Design Award Trophy at the award ceremony.
•All category award winners and finalists will receive a certificate by the Organizer.
GIA EMERGING DESIGNER OF THE YEAR 2022: (For Jewellery Design Students)
The GIA Emerging Designer of the Year 2022 award is to recognize and honour the work of exceptional jewellery design students in India. The award offers an opportunity for talented up-and-coming jewellery designers to gain visibility and recognition within the jewellery industry. We invite jewellery design students across India to submit an entry for the award.
DESIGN THEME - "
ELIGIBILITY AND PARTICIPATION:
- The contest is open to all jewellery design students in India who are pursuing a diploma, degree, or certificate in jewellery design in 2022.
- Candidates must be 18 years or older as of September 15th, 2022.
- Candidates can submit only one hand-rendered design or CAD-rendering file.
- Entries can be submitted from August 1st until September 15th, 2022.
· Design must be original.
· *A 360degree view product video is compulsory.
· Design must be actual size.
· Hand-drawn design:
· Rendered on A4 vellum and mounted on black cardboard.(Extra decoration exempt.)
· Ratio 1:1
· Size: A4 (210 mm × 297 mm)
· CAD design:
· Ratio 1:1
· Size: 2480 × 3508 pixels (file size up to 5 MB);resolution: 300 dpi
· Format: PNG/JPG/JPEG
· Design must be rendered on a clean white background. Do not write anything on the image. (Please download the submission template for the correct format to follow.)
· Please refrain from writing your name, the date, or your signature on the design.
1. Entries must include:
· Completed and signed application form
· Hand-drawn renderings on vellum or a CAD file
· Entry fee
2. Application form must be completed to include:
a. Design details: name of the design, design theme, product category, stones used, stone cut, stone quantity, setting type, findings that need to be used (if any), and estimated weight of jewellery as suggesting in the submission template.
b. Design description (200 words)
c. Sales/marketing proposal (200 words)
3. Online submissions: Log on to www.indianjeweller.in/designawards ;complete the five-step process and upload your design.
4. Mail-in submissions: Complete the attached Application Form and paste to the back of the black cardboard mounting. Send the completed entry to Indian Jeweller Magazine, Attn: JJS - IJ Design Awards powered by GIA 2022, Journal House, A-95 Janata Colony, Jaipur – 302004,India.
5. Last date for receiving completed entries: 15th October, 2022.
6. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
7. Replacement or photocopy of the design will not be accepted after submission expiry.
8. Photocopied or laminated renderings will not be accepted.
9. Any entry that is found to be a copy of adesign will be disqualified. The organizers reserve the right to disqualifysuch entries without offering justification.
SELECTION OF FINALISTS:
1. Finalists will be chosen by a jury on the basis of design, innovation, rendering skills, practicality, wear- ability and saleability.
2. Five designs will be shortlisted.
3. All short-listed candidates will be notified by 2nd November via email/ SMS/ WhatsApp.
4. The top five sketches will be presented in the Grand Jury Meet, and one winner will be selected. The judging will be done by a panel of experienced industry experts and prominent jewellers at the Grand Jury Meet. Any sketch that upon inspection is determined by the organizer in its sole discretion not to qualify for the category in which the sketch was entered will be disqualified from that category.
WINNER OF THE GIA EMERGING DESIGNER OF THE YEAR:
1. Winner of the award will be chosen by a jury panel drawn from GIA faculty, industry experts, professional jewellers, and jewellery designers.
2. The winner will be announced at the Gala Night of the IJ Design Awards on December 23rd, 2022, in Jaipur.
3. Hotel Stay for the winner will be arranged by the award organisers. (One night stay for the winner and one companion will be on at win occupancy basis.)
REWARDS AND RECOGINTION:
1. All finalists of the GIA Emerging Designer of the Year will be hosted for a day at GIA’s Mumbai campus with an opportunity to meet with GIA’s India leadership team. This will be followed with a visit to its state-of-the-art grading facility.
2. Winner of the award will be offered a scholarship to attend GIA’s Graduate Diamond Diploma Programme (8 weeks) at GIA, Mumbai.
3. All category award winners and finalists will receive a certificate from the organiser.
4. All category award-winning pieces will be featured in the Dec–Jan 2022 issue of Indian Jeweller Magazine.
5. All category award winners and finalists will be featured in IJ's “Best of the Best ”IJ Design Award supplement, which will be mailed with the Jan or Feb 2023 issue of IJ.
6. All category award winners and finalists will receive an IJ Design Award logo and collateral materials for use in promoting their winning piece.
7. All category award winners will receive an IJ Design Award trophy at the award ceremony.
(a) Entries that do not comply with any of these rules will be disqualified.
(b) By submitting your entry, you grant Organizer the right and license to reproduce, publish, distribute, and display your entry materials, and portions thereof, in any of its IJ publications in all media, and
advertising the same, and you represent and warrant: (i) that the work depicted in your entry is your own original creation, that Organizer's use and publication of your entry materials will not infringe upon or
otherwise violate any copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, any right of publicity, privacy, or other personal right or any law, rule, or regulation; (ii) that the information provided on your Payment Form and Entry Form is accurate and complete; (iii) that you have obtained all necessary license and releases from persons depicted in, or involved in creating (including photographers), your entry materials and listed on your Entry Form so that Organizer will not incur any obligation or liability to them based upon its use or publication of your entry materials.
(c) Entry materials (other than actual Jewellery pieces) will not be returned.
(d) Organizer is not liable for lost, stolen, illegible, misdirected, damaged, or mutilated entries. Entry fee is nonrefundable and will not be returned (even if your entry is determined to be ineligible or disqualified) unless competition is cancelled or postponed by Organizer.
(e) Organizer reserves the right to cancel or postpone all or portions of the competition for any or no reason. If you have submitted an entry for a cancelled or postponed portion of the competition, Organizer will refund your entry fee for that entry within thirty (30) days of any decision to cancel or postpone, and the licenses granted by you to Organizer under these rules for the affected entries will terminate. In addition, Organizer reserves the right to combine selected categories.
(f) Winners will be required to sign and return an affidavit of eligibility and publicity/liability release within thirty (30) days of notification or may be disqualified.
(g) Taxes and other expenses on the awards are the responsibility of the winners.
(h) By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these Official Rules and by the decisions of Organizer regarding the same. Organizer's decisions are final on all matters regarding these Awards.
(i) Any Entry/s that are forged/plagiarized will be disqualified immediately. The organizers hold the sole right to discard the Entry/s without giving further explanation.