GIA Emerging Designer of the Year is only for the jewellery design students
in India who are pursuing a diploma, degree, or certificate in jewellery design in
2021, where applicant need to submit the design sketch or CAD to compete
with the top jewellery design students across India.
Connecting dots: This theme comes from today’s famous art “Dot painting”.
One can create designs with multiple dots and connect them to reveal actual form.
One can use various sizes of pearls and gemstone beads to create astonishing designs.
- Concept: We would like to comprehend the motivation and origin of the
design, the concept that describes the method and shapes the tale of the formation.
- Rendering Skills: A high and consistent level of fine detailing should
be present throughout the rendering for the photo realistic appeal.
- Design & Innovation: Singularity/Originality/Desire the design thought should
be ground-breaking enough to set a new trend in the trade. We are on a scout for
designs that can be called as the “page-turners” of the industry as well as provide
a new horizon of growth for the industry. Your design should have the power to grasp
the consumers’ attention at first look.
- Commerciality: The design should have a robust commercial appeal. The design
will be assessed for its economic attractiveness and eventual worth to the consumer
measured on the foundation of real price v/s supposed price.
- Value: Singularity/Originality/Desire The design thought should be groundbreaking
enough to set a new trend in the trade. We are on a scout for designs that can be
called as the “page-turners” of the industry as well as provide a new horizon of
growth for the industry. Your design should have the power to grasp the consumers’
attention in first look.
- Practicality & Wear-ability: The design will also be assessed on the basis
of practicality & wear-ability. The designs should be realistic to produce the actual
piece of jewellery and comfortable for the consumer to adorn it.